2013/07/17

Country Comforts


One of the things I enjoy about Google Earth and Google Maps is when I discover photographers who systematically catalog sets of geographical features in an area.

I found "Leaflet" in West Texas, where he has photographed grain elevators, silos, and other farm structures.  "Pylodet" specializes in Nebraska churches.

I found the above photograph, by "wmr36104", while grazing the photos in Google Maps on the highway, from Dothan Alabama to Birmingham, looking for a restored pioneer village I remembered seeing years ago.  (I am pretty sure it was the Pioneer Museum of Alabama near Troy.)

I love this sign!.  Only in The South...these are my people.  Anyway, wmr36104 has put up a fine collection of photos of little Alabama churches, country stores, barns, courthouses and other structures.  They remind me of William Christenberry.

No comments: